We collect information from you, directly and through third parties. Regarding Privacy issues any time you contact us, interact with us in person, through our services or on third-party platforms, or use our websites, Apps, products or services. If you do not provide the information, we may not be able to provide our products or services to you due to some dependencies.
- Some of the information we collect that can personally identify you, including, your name and contact information, birthdate, NID, payment information, membership ID whether you are a part of a corporate or rewards program, payment arrangements, insurance arrangements, and information related to your rentals or use of products or services we provide or enable. For example, when you make a reservation, or join one of our programs, we collect your personal information such as: your name and contact information; birthdate; driver license and other appropriate government identification; payment information, including credit or debit card information (we collect security codes when you make a payment, but we do not keep them); information to process your discounts, such as coupons, discount codes, and membership numbers or codes; and other information that may be necessary to rent you a vehicle, provide you with services, contact you about these services or verify your identity. If you participate in an insurance program through us or are involved in an accident or property damage, we may collect additional information about your insurance provider and/or coverage.
- We also collect personal information about you from third parties, including information from third party travel booking channels; service providers; licensees; airlines, hotels, membership clubs, payment card companies, advertisers and other partners; from your employer; from your social media services consistent with your information sharing settings on such services; and from other third-party sources that are lawfully entitled to share your information with us.
- We may collect information about relevant health conditions when necessary to provide adaptive driving devices.
HOW INFORMATION IS SHARED
To facilitate the uses of personal information identified in this Privacy Notice, we may share your personal information with a variety of third parties, including our service partners and business partners. We may share your personal information with our third-party service providers and partners to help us with our marketing and promotional projects, such as managing our social media pages, running contests and other promotions, or to comply with your directions or any additional consent you have provided us.
We and our business and promotional partners send you information about products and services you may like. For example, we may help to arrange hotel rentals, flights or other services from our business partners, and share personal information with our business partners in order to provide those services and facilitate your reservations. We may also work with third parties, such as our airline and payment card partners, to allow us and our partners to deliver advertisements to our shared customers. Our partners may be able to provide more relevant offers to you based upon information that we share about your rentals, as well as information in your loyalty program profile.
We may share your personal information with law enforcement and regulatory authorities or other third parties as required or permitted by law, including for the purpose of:
- Court order or other legal processes
- Defending, protecting or enforcing our rights
- Assisting in the event of an emergency
- Complying with applicable law
We may also share personal information with third parties in the event of an actual or potential merger or acquisition, consolidation, change in control, transfer of assets, bankruptcy, reorganization, or liquidation. To the extent that local laws require it, we will provide you notice on our websites or via e-mail of our intent to transfer personal information to a third party for this purpose.
HOW INFORMATION IS PROTECTED
The security of personal information is important to us. We take reasonable steps designed to protect personal information from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, alteration, destruction or loss. You are responsible for keeping your account safe. Do not share your passcode, membership and pin numbers with anyone. Please be mindful that hackers and scammers may impersonate us or our website.